Creating effective employee engagement surveys doesn't need to be time-consuming.
In this blog, let's learn to build powerful surveys to gather crucial insights in just 2 minutes. Let's delve into the step-by-step guide on how you can effectively use ThriveSparrow's engagement surveys to your advantage.
What we'll cover in this blog.
The Pros of Running an Engagement Survey
Running an engagement survey brings numerous benefits:
- Real-time insights: Receive immediate data on employee morale and engagement levels to make swift decisions. Real-time information helps you stay ahead of any potential issues, fostering a more responsive work environment.
- Gap identification: Discovering hidden issues in communication, teamwork, and management can significantly improve overall work quality. By identifying these gaps, you're already halfway to creating actionable employee engagement action plans.
- Two-way communication: Engagement surveys offer a valuable channel for feedback, allowing for a more inclusive and transparent workspace. This also fosters a culture where employees feel heard and valued.
- Action plans: The data collected is your roadmap to creating effective employee engagement action plans. Knowing where to focus your energy can lead to a more targeted approach and better outcomes.
The Pain Points for the HRs in running engagement surveys
Traditional survey methods can be riddled with challenges:
- Time constraints: Designing, distributing, and interpreting surveys manually takes up an enormous amount of time, hindering HR from focusing on other crucial tasks.
- Low participation: Traditional survey formats can be long and tedious, discouraging employees from participating fully or honestly.
- Limited customization: Most existing systems lack the flexibility needed to tailor questions or survey formats to specific organizational needs. This could lead to irrelevant data and incorrect conclusions.
- Delayed results: The prolonged feedback loop often leads to delayed actions, missing the opportune moment to act on the insights.
Know your metrics
Choosing the right metrics is crucial. Let's consider two examples:
- Employee motivation survey: Metrics may include factors like work environment quality, team cohesion, and individual role satisfaction. You may ask questions related to employee happiness, productivity levels, or even specific tasks that employees find fulfilling.
- Job satisfaction survey: Focus on metrics like compensation satisfaction, work-life balance, and opportunities for career growth. This could include questions regarding the fairness of pay, the availability of career development courses, or the effectiveness of work-life balance initiatives.
Now that you know the metrics to track, let's get the survey rolling.
Quick start with templates
Kickstart your survey creation with:
- Research-backed templates: These are vetted templates focusing on essential employee metrics like satisfaction, productivity, and engagement. They save you the time and effort required in starting from scratch.
- Flexible builder: The builder allows you to create multiple sections and questions, with customizable opinion scale questions (labels). This makes your survey more interactive, comprehensive, and focused on gathering quality data.
Creating a survey that reflects your brand is essential:
- Customization: Personalize every aspect of your survey to make it an extension of your brand, enhancing the user experience. This includes fonts, colors, logos, and other branding elements.
Utilize display logic
Make your surveys more interactive:
- Adaptive surveys: Use display logic to guide the sequence of questions based on previous answers, making the survey experience more interactive, focused, and engaging.
Curated question bank
Having a reliable question bank is a must:
- Ready-made questions: Use our curated question bank to populate full sections or specific questions of your survey. These are based on years of research and designed to bring out the most reliable results.
- Alignment: Customize these questions to align closely with your organization's unique goals, key drivers, and desired outcomes.
Set cut-off dates
Manage your survey timeframe effectively:
- Time management: Choosing an appropriate starting and ending date ensures you get timely feedback without rushing your employees.
Reporting and collaborators
Who does what and how the data is analyzed:
- Collaborative roles: You can assign specific tasks and survey sections to department managers. This not only delegates responsibility but also instills a sense of ownership, making the department heads more accountable for their team’s engagement scores.
- Reporting factors: You can designate different sections of your survey to become specific reporting factors. This advanced feature enables deeper, more meaningful insights into employee engagement on a granular level.
Privacy is a priority:
- Privacy: With a minimum of two participants required for each survey, you guarantee anonymity. This increases trust and encourages honest responses, resulting in more accurate data.
Boosting response rates
How to get more people to take your survey:
- Automated reminders: One of the unique features of ThriveSparrow's Engage is the ability to set automated reminders to go out at specific intervals, significantly boosting response rates.
How to get your employee data into the system:
- Data segmentation: Import your organization’s employee data by department or job role, or opt to run the survey for the entire company. The more specific your data, the more targeted your action plans can be.
What do you do with all this data?
- Heatmap: The heatmap offers insights into wide engagement patterns and scores across departments. It also highlights benchmark scores for each reporting factor, providing a comparative analysis.
- Downloadable reports: All of this information can be downloaded in JPEG, CSV formats, making it easy to share and discuss during meetings or strategy sessions.
The power of responses
The data you collect isn't just numbers:
- Deep dive: By equipping your survey admins with each person’s individual engagement scores and their ratings for each question, you enable a nuanced understanding of team dynamics. This deep dive into the data facilitates targeted action and allows for a more personalized approach to employee engagement.
ThriveSparrow’s Engage isn’t just another survey tool; it's a comprehensive, efficient solution for those looking to take a deep, data-driven dive into employee engagement. In a world where every second counts, why waste two weeks when you can get actionable insights in just two minutes?